Our story begins with Catholic families of Fallbrook being served by Franciscan Friars from Mission San Luis Rey.

In November 1941, they determined that there were enough Catholic families in Fallbrook to begin a parish.  On March 30, 1942, our first mass was celebrated in the barracks of the Naval Weapons Ammunition Depot.

In 1943, Bishop Buddy, the first ordinary of the Diocese of San Diego, responded to a request of the Waller family to establish a parish, gave permission to celebrate mass in Fallbrook.  Regularly celebrated mass in Fallbrook began in 1944, first in a housing project for Navy personnel and later at the local theater.

By July of 1945, Fr. Bertrand, a Franciscan, started a campaign to build a church.  In the first month, the people had saved $6, 147.  Exactly one year later, his superior transferred Fr. Bertrand to L. A. and the church was still not built. Bishop Buddy, writing on August 1, 1946 established the parish and assigned the first pastor, Msgr. Michael Cooney.  The parish was named St. Peter’s because of a request from Extension Society, significant contributors to the construction of the first church.

In 1949 the first church was completed.  By 1960,  Fallbrook had grown to such a degree that the small church on Fig Street was inadequate.

The first church at the current location, now Bosco Center, was built for about $150,000 by Fr. Ullman.  Msgr. Medaer,  pastor from 1983 to 1992,  founded the school and purchased the corner property.

  The parish consistently experiences tremendous growth:  its present size is approximately 2,500 families.

In the year 2000 we finished a 20,000 sq. foot education center.  It houses our parochial school,  and all religious education programs.  In the year 2002 a building campaign was started for a new 1000 seat capacity church.

In 2009, the current church was completed along with St. Peter’s Square.